- We collect your personal information to assist us to serve you in the best possible way.
- We will only use your personal information in ways that you might expect it to be used in the course of our business.
- We will not pass your personal information on without asking for your permission, unless required to by law.
- Upon request, we will give you the chance to see any information we hold about you.
- We protect your information with internet facilities as well as internal procedures.
- Upon request, we will provide you with information on how we handle personal information.
- We will listen to any complaints regarding the way we handle your personal information, and investigate this in accordance with the National Privacy Principles (NPP)
- Devonport City Council and its owners are solely responsible and liable for all content on this site.
The collection of your information:
When you look at this web site, our Internet Service Provider makes a record of your visit and logs the following information for statistical purposes:
- your server address
- your top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc)
- the pages you accessed and documents downloaded
- the previous site you have visited
- the type of browser you are using.
We will not make an attempt to identify you or your browsing activities. However, in the unlikely event of an investigation, a law enforcement agency or other government agency may exercise its legal authority to inspect our Internet Service Provider's logs.
1 (b) Collection of information through our forms: (In adherence with NPP1)
We only collect your personal information that is necessary for us to provide you with our services through our functions and activities.
We will only collect information in a manner which is fair and lawful. We will only collect information from you through the feedback forms on this website. We will not collect information directly from your computer or internet connection
(however, see the section above "ISP Details" for information about your personal information that is logged by our Internet Service Provider).
We will only collect your information from you. No information about other parties will be requested, unless in the case of you recommending this web site and/or products to a known party. In this case, the other party will be notified immediately, and their information will not be collected by us, it will only be used to direct your message (much like you sending them an email).
Each form you complete will consist of details explaining why this information is to be sent. If your information is to be given to another party, this will also be made known on the form.
2. Use and Disclosure (In adherence with NPP 2)
The use and disclosure of your information is for the primary purpose of collection (as per 1. Collection)
We will only record your e-mail address if you send us a message. Your e-mail address will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided it and it will not be added to a mailing list or used for any other purpose without your consent.
This site does not provide facilities for the secure transmission of information across the Internet. Users should be aware that there are inherent risks transmitting information across the Internet.
3. Quality (In adherence with NPP 3)
We will ensure the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Each time information is collected, it will be used for it's intended purpose, and will not be re-used unless for the following reasons:
- If you have subscribed to receive material
- If you have signed-up as a member
In this case, a facility will be made available for you to view your personal information, and update this information.
4. Security (In adherence with NPP 4)
We will keep any information we collect for re-use in a secure environment. If you are using a form that uses our secure servers, they use 128 bit encryption with valid security certificates. Our internal polices prohibit unauthorised access, modification or disclosure of your information. (You can see if you are using a secure server by viewing the Properties of the page you are viewing).
Once your information has been used to process our services for you, we permanently de-identify this information. This means we destroy your personal details, but retain activity information for our accounting and performance measures.
5. Openness (In adherence with NPP 5)
We manage your personal information in this manner:
- Information is retrieved from your access to our web site
- Information is used to process your request
- Once we have delivered your service, we will destroy your information.
Upon request, we can show you:
- What information we have collected (if it still exists)
- What we have used this information for
- How the information was collected
- Who else has had access to this information.
6. Access to your information (In adherence with NPP 6)
Upon request, we can:
- Show you the information we hold about you
- Give you an opportunity to alter this information.
7: Identifiers (In adherence with NPP 7)
We do not use Commonwealth Government identifiers (Medicare Numbers etc.) in any area of our information collection or usage. Unless in a case where we are an agent of a particular Government department, and in such a case, all Government privacy policies would apply.
8. Transfer Overseas (In adherence with NPP 9)
If in the case of your information being transferred overseas, it is with the provision that your information is treated as it would be in Australia.
9. Collection of sensitive information (In adherence with NPP 10)
If the form asks you for the supply of sensitive information:
- racial or ethnic origin;
- political opinions;
- membership of a political association;
- religious beliefs or affiliations;
- philosophical beliefs;
- membership of a professional or trade association;
- membership of a trade union;
- sexual preferences or practices;
- criminal record or health information about an individual.